Healthy Recipes SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH OREGANO

iklan 336x280 atas
336x280 tengah
300x600
Sauteed Green Beans with Fresh Oregano are a quick, easy, and flavorful way to enjoy those wonderfully fresh summer green beans.  Get your fill of summer's produce before it's gone!



I've been trying to better about eating more veggies lately.  See, I'm a carb addict, so sometimes veggies get bypassed for ... well ... let's just say for less healthy options.  But I am  trying to be better.  I swear.

Fortunately, summer's fresh produce and garden bounty make eating more veggies lots easier!  And how quickly you can get these sauteed fresh green beans with oregano on the table helps, too.

I've been very fortunate this summer to be kept in pretty constant supply of fresh herbs from my Mom's house.  Every time I've gone to see her, she's sent me home with a bag of freshly cut basil, parsley, oregano, chives, and mint.

Score!

So yes, those fresh herbs have certainly helped me on my quest to eat more veggies, too.




Like with these fresh green beans sauteed with fresh oregano, courtesy of my Mom's herb garden and her friend's garden's bean crop.  Such a yummy, quick and easy combination.

With the help of summer's fresh produce, hopefully I can keep up my more-veggie-eating streak.  And find some resolve for after summer's produce is gone.

But fortunately, I've still got time before I have to worry about that.





SAUTEED GREEN BEANS WITH OREGANO

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs. fresh green beans, ends trimmed
  • 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
  • 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 T. butter
  • 2 T. chopped fresh oregano
  • salt & pepper, to taste
Directions

  1. Place butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until butter melts and oil is hot. Add onion; saute 1 minute. Add green beans; saute about 4 minutes.
  2. Reduce heat to medium and add oregano. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until beans are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

CLICK HERE MORE RECIPES.
336x280

Post a Comment

0 Comments