Healthy Recipes NUTELLA GREEK YOGURT DIP

iklan 336x280 atas
336x280 tengah
300x600
Three-ingredient, easy and delicious Nutella Greek Yogurt Dip ~ Enjoy it with strawberries, bananas, other fresh fruits, 'Nilla Wafers, or animal crackers as tasty dippers.



I have a friend who absolutely loves Nutella.  Well, don't many of us?  I mean, I sure do.  

But she loves it so much that any time I make something with Nutella, or even mention the word for that matter, she gushes "Oh, I could bathe in Nutella!"  So, how about ...
... a nice big bowl of scrumptious Nutella Greek Yogurt Dip to bathe in?

Okay, so maybe not to actually bathe in, but definitely to dip stuff in.  Like strawberries.  Or apples.  Or animal crackers.  Or bananas.  Oh, most certainly bananas.



I came across this health{ier} dip over at Tickled Red, and just knew I had to give it a try.  It's easy, it starts with a base of healthy and high-protein Greek yogurt, and ... it's got Nutella.  No-brainer, right?

The only part of the Nutella Greek Yogurt Dip recipe I was leery of was the inclusion of ground cinnamon.  I was concerned that the cinnamon would overpower the taste of the Nutella, and wondered if it was truly necessary to include.

So, I tried the dip both ways ... both with and without cinnamon.  Turns out the cinnamon definitely adds value in the dip.  Without it, there was a bit of a harsh, tangy after-taste.  Put in cinnamon, and guess what?  That tanginess goes away.

And, truly, this Nutella Greek yogurt dip couldn't be any easier.  Combine vanilla Greek yogurt with a bit of Nutella, sprinkle on some ground cinnamon, and stir.  That's it.  Oh, and let it chill for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.  Waiting for it to chill, my friend, is the hardest part.  But be strong ... it's worth it.


So while I don't think I'll jump in and take a bath in this Nutella Greek Yogurt Dip, I will absolutely turn to it as a new go-to snack.  Served up surrounded by beautiful fresh fruit and an animal cracker or two, it's a satisfy-the-sweet-tooth-while-still-being-healthy yummy treat.

My recommendation? ... Whip up a batch and get dippin'!



NUTELLA GREEK YOGURT DIP 

Ingredients
  • 1/2 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 2 T. Nutella
  • 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined. Chill for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
  2. Serve with strawberries, apple slices, sliced bananas, or other assorted fruits. It's also great with 'Nilla Wafers or animal crackers.  
(I garnished mine with roughly chopped hazelnuts.  Bananas and strawberries were my absolute favorite dippers.)


336x280

Post a Comment

0 Comments